The field of business valuation continues to evolve. In transactions, financial reporting or litigation, the value of a business frequently comes into question, and it often requires an independent, third-party opinion of value.
Proper valuation requires not only a thorough analysis of the business in question, but also the industry and economy in which the business operates. Valuations include a thorough review of financial trends, company risk profile, product mix, customer concentrations, future growth, profitability, sustainable growth, and relevant valuation discounts.
Sun Business Valuations has provided business valuation services for clients ranging from small, privately held businesses to middle market companies. Our business valuation group has provided valuation services for many purposes, including but not limited to:
- Business Sales, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Buy/Sell Agreements
- Divorce / Matrimonial Settlement
- Shareholder Disputes
- Gifting / Estate Planning
- Fairness Opinions
- Succession Planning
- Shareholder Buy-out, Shareholder Buy-in
- Stock Options – Employee Stock Incentive Programs
- Financing / Outside Investors
- Corporate / Shareholder Litigation
- Tax Allocation and Tax Reporting
- Valuing Intangible assets (805a)