Business Appraisal Services
Are You Considering a Business Appraisal?
Is your business expecting a change or an adjustment in ownership? Are you proceeding with a legal situation that requires a certified valuation report? An independent third party valuation is essential to provide the credibility and justification you require for a fair market value estimate of a business.
When you hire Sun Business Valuations, you are assured of the highest quality business appraisal by a certified Valuation Analyst.To get the best possible business appraisal, you need to choose an experienced appraisal company with knowledge, expertise, credentials, track record and resources. Sun Business Valuations, LLC is that company.
Types of Valuation Reports.
- Comprehensive Valuation Report – The comprehensive report is the highest-level report that can be provided to the client and includes a detailed company, industry, and state of the economy report; the appraisal procedures utilized; and, the reasoning that supports the analysis, opinions, and conclusions in detail.
We recommend this type of report if a valuation has the potential to go to court. Also, if the report needs to be reviewed by others, such as the IRS for tax implications, this type of report best explains what was done and how the value was derived.
- Restricted Use Value Analysis Report – A restricted use valuation is intended for one specific and defined purpose stated in the report and contains considerably less information than a comprehensive report. The report summarizes the appraisal procedures and the reasoning that supports the analysis, opinions, and conclusions; however, most of the narrative is excluded, and many sections of the report are brief. The summary report is acceptable in a certain situation in which the user of the report is informed that much of the detail is excluded from the report. This kind of report is typically used by business owners looking to obtain a general range of value for their company for internal planning and strategy objectives.
Approaches to Value.
There are three fundamental ways to measure what a business is worth, the asset, market, and income approach. The International Glossary of Business Valuation Terms defines these approaches as follows:
- Asset Based Approach – A general way of determining a value indication of a business, business ownership interest, or security using one or more methods based on the value of the assets net of liabilities
- Income Approach – A general way of determining a value indication of a business, business ownership interest, security, or intangible asset using one or more methods that convert anticipated economic benefits into a present single amount
- Market Approach – A general way of determining a value indication of a business, business ownership interest, security, or intangible asset by using one or more methods that compare the subject to similar businesses, business ownership interests, securities, or intangible assets that have been sold
Each method may be more appropriate for a given situation, but all three methods must be considered when arriving at a fair market value of a business.
Why Sun Business Valuations?
Our business appraisal services include professional, confidential business appraisals for privately held businesses.
- We are business appraisal specialists, which means we have the resources, credentials and skills to produce the best appraisal to meet your needs. Our Valuation Analysts are certified by the NACVA and have extensive knowledge in valuations achieved in actual engagements orchestrated by Sun’s related M&A division.
- Business appraisals are all we do so we do them better. We perform hundreds of business appraisals each year – but each of them is customized to your individual business. We never use valuation templates or boilerplate reports, and business appraisals are structured to be very easily read by all intended users.
Call Us Today For A Free Telephone Review.
Please call us toll free (800) 232-0180 to speak with a certified Valuation Analyst who will answer all your questions and explain how convenient and confidential it is to have Sun Business Valuations prepare an appraisal for your business.